Building the service catalogue of the European Open Science Cloud – an invitation to e-infrastructure and e-service providers to register on the eInfraCentral Portal.
In line with our mission to bring e-infrastructure users and service providers closer together in the framework of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC), the eInfraCentral project has worked to define and develop a service catalogue for European e-infrastructures and e-services. During 2017, we worked towards a common, more user-centric service definition and service provisioning framework. In November 2017, we launched the beta version of the eInfraCentral Portal that features services provided by major European e-infrastructures, such as EGI, EUDAT, GEANT, OpenAIRE, and PRACE.
We are now actively working to extend the Portal to services offered by other providers. As such, starting in February 2018, we have been in contact with over 20 (mainly EU-funded) projects to introduce the eInfraCentral mission and vision, and demonstrate the eInfraCentral Portal. The response so far has been very positive, and we are planning to set up more webinars in the coming weeks and welcome any interested parties to join them.
We encourage all providers of e-services (whether operating at European or national levels) to become part of the eInfraCentral community and benefit from access to an extended user base. If you would like to find out more about the registration process, please sign up for a slot here or contact us at [email protected].
During the webinar sessions we cover the following topics:
- A pre-standard service description template to allow for structured service descriptions by e-Infrastructures and service presentation templates for listings, portals, registries, etc.
- A harmonised and aggregated service catalogue populated already with more than 70 services offered at TRL8+ by EGI, EUDAT, GEANT, OPENAIRE and PRACE and best practices and recommendations for effective service descriptions and representations
- The beta version of the eInfraCentral Portal (http://beta.einfracentral.eu) and the various functionalities already running to support service providers and users
- The registration process of an e-infrastructure/service provider to the Portal and the registration of their services
- The harvesting methods under development for exchanging service offerings and the Interoperability interfaces (APIs) for the automatic provisioning and synchronization of service-related information from e-Infrastructures/service providers.
Become a part of this growing community at the heart of the European Open Science Cloud!